Q: We are concerned that LifeSaver Mobile will require too much upkeep and manpower like our telematics and/or dashcams. What does LifeSaver do differently to make it low maintenance on our managers who have to oversee the program?
A: Here at LifeSaver Mobile, we totally understand your concern about manager engagement. As a reminder, our fleet safety solution requires much less manager engagement than GPS/telematics and/or dashcams for several reasons:
- Employees are prevented from using their phone screens during the drive because we block access. This means less coaching.
- This screen blocking teaches your employees a new hands-free behavior and how to use their phone in the truck.
- If they try to use their screen, those attempts are recorded. If you turn on the Driver Daily Digest feature, the drivers will get a daily reminder when they have a violation so they can self-correct.
- Managers will also get a daily exception report overnight via email. This typically takes a couple of minutes to review before they move on to the rest of their workday.
- If you are using Mobile Device Management (MDM) software to manage your corporate-issued phones, this MDM software will prevent the user from deleting apps like LifeSaver from their phone.
We hope this helps clarify the lower level of manager engagement that we typically see with our customers.